SPECIAL INTRODUCTORY PRICE!
“Flying into Colours” Online Class with Helen Godden
This online class was filmed during an actual Arty Farty Weekend with Helen Godden. The students are real, the results are real and the fun was 100%.
Purchasing this class will give you 8 videos, a choice of 3 patterns and class notes that will take you from start to finish just like being in the classroom!
SEE THE RELATED PRODUCTS TAB FOR THE SUPPLIES YOU WILL NEED
Things you will need for the class:
- Black Homespun, batting and backing; 50 x 70cm (20” x 30”) of each. The top fabric must be black, the backing can be any colour you like.
- Sewing machine with Darning/Free-Motion foot in good working order. Extension table if you have one
- Black cotton or poly cotton thread – a brand that you know works well on your machine.
- Fabric chalk, clutch chalk pencil or Ulimate Marker* to trace onto black fabric
- Light box or access to a large window to trace
- Synthetic Taklon style brushes*, in a variety of sizes from 4mm to 12mm, some round/pointy some chisel/square ended.
- Safety pins for sandwiching.
- Small plastic container to wash brush.
- Range of Lumiere by Jacquard* Metallic and Pearlescent fabric paints
* The items above in BOLD can be purchased here, click on them to go to the product page or see the RELATED PRODUCTS tab.
- General sewing supplies
- Iron and ironing board
- paper and pencil to take notes during the mini lecture
- scissors, snips
- sticky tape to stick your pattern together
- masking tape to stick the pattern and the black fabric to a window to trace
- paper towel and windex to clean up the laminex table surface after painting – an old cutting mat makes a great painting surface
FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Is there any time limit on my purchase?
A. The class is yours to keep, there is no time limit on your downloadable items.
Q. The videos don’t work on my PC, what do I do?
A. If you are having trouble watching the videos on your computer, try using “VLC media player” from VideoLAN. It has excellent support for all different video formats.
Q. How do I watch the videos on my iPad?
A. To watch the videos on your iPad, please remember that you need to use a PC with iTunes to copy the videos across.
Q. How do I watch the videos on my Android device?
A. To watch the videos on your Android device, you should be able to download them directly from your internet browser but please ensure that the device stays “Awake” i.e. screen turned on while you are downloading the files.