SPECIAL INTRODUCTORY PRICE!
“Arty Farty Sunflowers” Online Class with Helen Godden
Purchasing this class will give you access to an 8-part video series, a choice of 3 patterns to print out and colour images you can also print for reference and the requirements list that will take you from start to finish just like being in the classroom with Helen.
SEE THE RELATED PRODUCTS TAB FOR THE SUPPLIES YOU WILL NEED
Things you will need for the class:
- Calico (USA = muslin) UNwashed, cheaper quality. Sizing is PARAMOUNT – 50cm x 1m ( 20 x 40″). (Do the water flick test to see if the water beads on the surface of the calico rather than sinking in immediately. Beading is good!!)
- Your choice of backing and batting…50 x 70cm minimum ( 25 x 35″)
- Sewing thread for machine quilting in black and cream – whatever thread you know your machine prefers
- A few hand dyed / batik scraps in variety of leafy greens…olive or leafy green or blue green tones, say 20cm (8″) square.
- Approx. 30cm (12″) square of iron-on webbing
- Fabric chalk and lead pencil
- Synthetic Taklon style brushes*, in a variety of sizes from 4mm to 12mm, some round/pointy some chisel/square ended.
- Small plastic container to wash brush.
- Set of Liquid Radiance Colours. These colours are concentrate 1:4
- OR set of Sun Dyes colours. These colours are concentrate 1:2
- 1 x small pack, Rock/course Salt – approx. I cup
- 2 x plastic containers, 1 for paint water, 1 for your salt
- 1 x plastic white ice cube tray
* The items above in BOLD can be purchased here, click on them to go to the product page or see the RELATED PRODUCTS tab.
- General sewing supplies
- Sewing machine with Darning/Free-Motion foot in good working order.
- Extension table if you have one
- Small sharp scissors for cutting applique
- A handful of medium safety pins for sandwiching your piece.
- Iron and ironing board
- Sticky tape to stick your pattern together
- paper towel and windex to clean up the laminex table surface after painting – an old cutting mat makes a great painting surface
FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Is there any time limit on my purchase?
A. The class is yours to keep, there is no time limit on your downloadable items.
Q. The videos don’t work on my PC, what do I do?
A. If you are having trouble watching the videos on your computer, try using “VLC media player” from VideoLAN. It has excellent support for all different video formats.
Q. How do I watch the videos on my iPad?
A. To watch the videos on your iPad, please remember that you need to use a PC with iTunes to copy the videos across.
Q. How do I watch the videos on my Android device?
A. To watch the videos on your Android device, you should be able to download them directly from your internet browser but please ensure that the device stays “Awake” i.e. screen turned on while you are downloading the files.