Face to Face Teaching
What does Helen teach?
Free-motion Quilting on all brands of domestic machines or on Sweet Sixteens.
- Liberation from the Ditch – Free-motion Quilting for absolute beginners – skill based
- MORE Liberation from the Ditch – Free-motion Quilting for intermediate – skill based
- EXTREME Liberation from the Ditch – Free-motion Quilting for advanced – skill based
- Quilt-a-Doodle-Do – 1 day/project based – micro quilting an original animal design – Rooster, Owl or Bird
- Arty Farty Sunflowers – 1 day/project based – painting with dye raw edge appliqué & quilting to finish – Sunflowers, iris or poppy
- Crack Pots – 2 day class/project based – creating a still-life design with paper templates, painting with acrylic paint & micro quilting to completion
- Flying Into Colours – 2 day class/project based – painting a design with acrylic paint & micro quilting to completion – over 20 design choices
- 4 day Flying Into Colours Master class – students will develop their own design & create much larger personalised finished project
- 4 in the Raw – i day/project based – Simple yet clever designs used in a raw edge appliqué technique & quilting – over 20 design choices.
- Couching a Blue Wren or Aussie landscape – 1 day class/project based.
- One-on-One intense Quilting Coaching. Individually tailored. Price on application.
What does Helen charge?
- A day rate for teaching a minimum of 10 students plus additional charge for students above 10, up to 25 students if space of venue permits. Price on application.
- One-on-One intense Quilting Coaching. Individually tailored. Price on application
- Lecture only – $150 plus travel or accommodation
- Lecture with minimum of 2 day teaching – FREE.
What additional costs of teaching have to be covered?
- If Helen drives more than 1 hour by car, there is $0.50/km charge – to and from.
- If Helen is flying to your venue, economy airfare and taxi is charged – to and from.
- If staying overnight, accommodation in a basic hotel is charged
- All Meals are charged.
- Venues can share expenses by having Helen teach in 2 or more locations within travelling distance. This is to be coordinated by one of the venues. The travel expenses can then be split and amortised. If there is a lay day between teaching a class or travelling to another venue, there is $100 lay day charge.
Does Helen give lectures?
YES – If a lecture or presentation is incorporated with a minimum 2 day teaching booking, it is FREE.
- Helen’s Journey to becoming a Quilter – Its a Cliffhanger! A look at her quilting journey with hands on quilts not a power-point – 45 minutes.
- DoodliZation – demonstration lecture students will copy & practise doodling on paper – 90 minutes
Where has Helen taught?
All over Australia, New Zealand, Dubai, Houston, Colorado, Utah USA, China, Bali, on board a Cruise, even in a swimming pool and she would love to teach in UK, Europe, Brazil, Africa pretty well anywhere!
As Handi Quilter Ambassador, Helen travels to quite a few shows each year in Australia and Houston and is committed to those dates annually. Helen always hosts tour groups to Bali and USA and Canada bi-annually Teaching at other venues needs to be worked around those commitments. Hope to be teaching near you soon!